Saturday, November 17, 2007

The deer is finished!
Because of the plexiglas, his shadows play on the wall, an effect I hadn't thought of as relevant until someone brought it to my attention. (I'm going to try and get a better image with the shadows).


My studio grows.

A story from my childhood, written on a chalkboard. A porcelain squirrel, relevant to the story.


Baby birds and snakes. I'm VERY happy with the shelf of many birds, not so sure about the cluster of birds in the corner, how the snake relates to them, and the dark gray behind them. Working the details out as this body of work progresses.

5 comments:

Cat said...

Er, I just had a thought... The snake on its own like that is wonderful. It also can speak to the fact that snakes tend to eat baby birds when they are adults. Which is not an option, obviously for this snake, but it is interesting to consider that when both birds and snakes are still young, it is the bird that is bigger, though it could easily become prey to an adult snake...

communi_kate said...

erin, you are amazing. the deer in death is just as beautiful and delicate in death. i like the plex, the shadows must be fun.

i miss you here in our fair city, but proud to see you doing so well in the country. give yourself a big hug from me, okay?

The Pass It On Project said...

I love the birds on the steel. The installation of the deer is genius. Miss you.

Erin Root said...

Kate, what is your email address, you seem to have left National Geographic??!

Spinning Ninny said...

you've clearly got some amazing stuff going on!