Thursday, February 15, 2007

I spent the night in a tent because of the ice on the roads. Along the boys in "shanty town", I slept (in my own tent) while the ice covered every branch outside. It was not nearly as painful as I had imagined, but I don't do it every night. They do.

What I woke up to.....

I can't say these are the most original compositions, but how could you pass this up?


After the sun came out and melted all of the ice within a short time, the sky became incredible.

I found this structure (anyone know what it is?), and fell in love with the surface and form of it.

more of my favorite structures.



3 comments:

Jifferspop said...

Hey E,

The structure that you like so much is most likely an old grain silo. They have them all over Arkansas and good old KG county in VA.

Yvonne and I will have to come up with "Ern" next time.

Much love,
Jiffy

rroot said...

Erin,
Thank you for sharing great compositions of your new environment, following the rule of thirds for the focal point, the light enhances the setting so elegantly!
Would love to see some close ups as well!
Love, Love, Love,
Mom

Spinning Ninny said...

i agree with jiffy. it does look like a grain silo. one without a roof.

it was so good seeing you the other week.